1. Kids fined for lemonade stand that would have raised money to fight cancer
Once again, thank god the government is there to crack down on these predatory, scandalous kids! I mean, what if those lemons had been contaminated with e-coli???
2. Arrested for feeding the homeless.
Once again, thank god the government is there to crack down on these predatory, scandalous
3. Fukushima: Strontium levels up 240 times over legal limit, uninhabitable zone 17x the size of Manhattan.
The news just keeps getting better and better!
4. Russia to lower US debt holdings
Seems they're finally getting aboard the 'dump the dollar' bandwagon now, too. The only real surprise is that it took them this long!
5. Inflation is at 11.2%!
According to Shadowstats. Like unemployment, the 'official' numbers are so manipulated and have so many conditional qualifiers that they don't actually end up reflecting reality very well. That's why shadowstats is a good source of alternative information: they calculate things like unemployment and inflation without any artificial tinkering or conditional exclusion.
And, lastly, just for fun
6. 12 things that the mainstream media is being strangely quiet about right now
Some pretty interesting snippets of information here, and it includes links to other relevant facts and articles.